Monday, October 23, 2006

Cadogan Hall


Cadogan Hall is an extraordinary concert venue situated in the middle of a rich London area called Sloane Square.

This place is one of the venues where I earn a meager wage doing ushering jobs, but loving it because the varied programme allows me to see concerts I would rarely get to see. Aside of big names like Dame Kiri Te Kanawa and crooner Icon Jack Jones I often get to experience the London Philharmonic and the English chamber Orchestra, who have taken this place as one of their regular residencies. It makes the small-time work a rather pleasant job.



The building itself is an old converted church of Christian Scientists and has a fantastic acoustic (partially down to the 5.1 surround capabillities of the sound equipment installed). So much so that Michael Jackson is rumoured to make his first appearance in Cadogan Hall in the UK since 1996.

If you ever have a chance to go I suggest you do... (if you can afford a ticket).

No comments: